Airblack is on a mission to help people convert their passion to a livelihood.
Airblack is an online learning platform where people learn how to become successful creators or microentrepreneurs. We are empowering people to learn a practical skill in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education and convert their passion into a sustainable profession.
In June 2020, we launched our first club - Airblack Beauty Club - with a flagship makeup artist certification program. We are currently India's largest online makeup and beauty learning platform with over 25,000 students and 130k+ Instagram followers making our thriving community. We have been rated 4.85 out of 5 by our past learners.
Airblack is a funded rocket ship backed by marquee investors such as Elevation Capital (Investors in Paytm, Swiggy, Unacademy) and InfoEdge Ventures (Investors in Zomato).
Our dream team comprises ex-entrepreneurs, venture capital investors, and operators from places such as Goldman Sachs, Sprinklr, Grofers, BCG, Bain & Co, WeWork, ITC, Urban Company, top IITs, IIMs, and universities such as DU and NIFT.
More on us here
Who are we looking for?
As we move ahead in scaling our applications and systems, we are looking for someone with experience in developing backend systems end to end.
You would be responsible for setting up processes and developing robust applications as the product expands. If Tech, Product, and solving problems excite you, we would love to meet you!
What you will be doing?
- Work on a great product which empowers next generation entrepreneurs from its early phase
- Be a part of our early team and contribute in building a high tech culture team
- Work on live learning products using the best cutting edge tech for video streaming and chat
- Work with designers and developers to convert problem statements into high quality output
- Mentoring and supporting peers by doing code reviews and applying your experience in running tech processes
- Owning the design process and implementation leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
What makes you a suitable candidate?
- 3-5 years of experience in a high-quality engineering team at a product startup or MNC
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field from a top-tier college
- Proficiency in CS concepts such as data structures and algorithms
- Strong experience in designing systems, distributed applications, web services design and implementation
- Well versed with Node.js, Python, MongoDB & MySQL
- Proficiency in writing unit-tested code, developing object-oriented models and designing data structures.
- Experience in implementing readable, object oriented code and design patterns
- Understanding of build, deployment, A/B testing of products
- Previous experience working in an early stage startup
- Open source contributions in a related technology space
- Experience in building chat systems and live stream engines
- Be a part of the founding tech team
- Competent salary + ESOPs
- Connect with the best mentors from the industry
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying, request you to share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the subject line as <Position Name> <Your name> < Years of relevant experience>
Breaking boundaries and doing more than what is expected is what people at Airblack are known for. Join our team of highly motivated individuals, as we build a club just as unique as you