About Airblack: building the future of work through skill-based education
Airblack is on a mission to help people convert their passion to a livelihood. We do this by providing them the best knowledge in a way that works, delivered by the top experts. We envision a world where it is easy and sustainable for millions of people to do what they truly love.
With the evolution of business tools and social media, creation has been democratized on the internet. Today, it is possible to start a salon, a nutrition clinic, a content studio, or a restaurant right from your home - all you need is passion, skills, and the right knowledge.
We believe that the next decade will be about internet-first creators and entrepreneurs. Airblack aims to empower millions of such creators with high-quality courses and help them convert their passion into a sustainable profession.
Currently, Airblack's Beauty Club is India's largest online platform for beauty skills. Backed by India's marquee VC funds and operators, we are transforming people's lives via entrepreneurship, and helping them become self-reliant.
More on us here
"We envision a world where doing more of what you love is not a privilege."
As Airblack enters its next phase of growth in building a one-stop learning platform for entrepreneurs and creators, we are looking for a Finance Controller / Director of Finance to join our team who can ensure the highest governing standards for accounting and compliance, along with contributing to our fundraising strategy.
What would you be doing?
- Setting SOPs and strategy in all dimensions i.e accounting, taxation, compliance, secretarial and foreign exchange controls, receivables, payables, and financial operations.
- Improve systems and processes to support accurate and timely storage and submission of all data.
- Ensuring on-time financial statements like balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and MIS are available for making data-based decisions
- Analyze and provide explanations on changes in balance sheet account balances, delivering monthly reviews
- Overseeing process set-up and adherence of accounting, taxation, and legal framework
- Establish internal controls and procedures to ensure effective protection of the company assets & value.
- Oversee compliances and secretarial matters
- Manage all statutory & external audits in a timely manner.
- Assist founders with fundraising & investor relations
- Prepare annual budgets, analyse variances and suggest corrective actions
- Define and execute processes for risk management -including financial and operating risks.
What makes you a suitable candidate?
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Controllership functions
- CA/ CPA/ ACCA is required with bachelors in finance/ accounting domain
- Experience with working with early stage startups or edtech companies is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of financial modelling, data analysis, and forecasting methods.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment where change is constant
- Ability to design scalable & efficient systems and processes.
- Proven team management and mentorship skills.
- Eye for detail while being able to take a step back and understand the bigger picture
- Remote, for the time being
- Gurgaon, eventually
How to apply?
Request you to share your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the mail should 'Finance lead role at Airblack'