Airblack Beauty Club
Airblack is on a mission to help people convert their passion into a livelihood. We are an edtech platform where people learn how to become successful creators or micro-entrepreneurs.
In June 2020, we launched our first club - Airblack Beauty Club with a flagship makeup artist certification program. Starting at Rs. 10000, Airblack Beauty Club's programs are targeted towards millions of women who have a passion for makeup and beauty and are looking to start a salon, launch their freelance service or just want to upgrade their makeup skills.
Airblack selects the top 0.1% of India's makeup and beauty experts to host professional courses. Our experts come from premiere institutions like NIFT, London School of Makeup, and Pearl Academy.
We are currently India's largest online makeup and beauty learning platform with over 3000 students and 90k+ Instagram followers making our thriving community. We have been rated 4.85 out of 5 by our past learners.
Airblack is a funded rocket ship backed by marquee investors such as Elevation Capital (Investors in Paytm, Swiggy, Unacademy). Our dream team comprises ex-entrepreneurs, venture capital investors, and operators from places such as Goldman Sachs, Sprinklr, Grofers, BCG, Bain & Co, WeWork, ITC, Urban Company, top IITs, IIMs, and universities such as DU and NIFT.
Who are we looking for?
As Airblack enters its next phase of growth in building a one-stop learning platform for entrepreneurs and creators, we are looking for an experienced editor who can write, conceptualize and edit beauty and makeup content across Airblack's digital properties.
The editor will drive blog content on beauty and makeup from inception to publication, with careful and loving attention to words, design and research, and then cover content distribution across multiple channels: our website, social media, and beyond.
What would you be doing?
- You would be taking ownership of user acquisition through non-paid digital channels
- Take primary responsibility for the editorial content on Airblack's digital channels. You will be a force of creativity and expertise and a gatekeeper of quality, ensuring smooth operations of our growing content team.
- Write, self-edit, and publish both long- and short-form editorial content focused on beauty and makeup.
- Oversee the design, photography and artwork collaterals to be used in editorial content.
- Collaborate with other marketing and website functions to help meet advertising, SEO, and community goals.
- Actively contribute to Airblack's thought-leadership on beauty and makeup. You will spot new trend and explain the forces shaping the beauty industry.
- Build up a stable of beauty experts and freelancers, for guest contributions and features
- Drive talent acquisition efforts and manage a growing team of content creators and subject-matter experts.
What makes you a suitable candidate?
- A deep passion for and subject-matter knowledge in the beauty and makeup space.
- 4+ years of experience working in an editorial team and producing content for the beauty and makeup space.
- Highly skilled writer with a knack for design, brand copywriting and marketing. Knowledge of SEO is a huge plus.
- A Strategic planner who uses analytics, user personas, and industry trends to generate content ideas and plan distribution.
- Fantastic organizational and team management skills with the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated brand champion who can take ownership of their work. Feedback and criticism motivate you to reach higher.
- Social Media marketing experience
- Youtube growth experience
- Entrepreneurial experience or early stage startup experience
- Prior experience in writing for a beauty / fashion industry
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance
- Subscriptions to support your physical as well as mental health
- Connect with the best mentors from the industry
The above are just a few examples of the benefits that we offer. Join us to find out more☀️
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying, request you to share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the subject line as <Position Name> <Your name> < Years of relevant experience>
Breaking boundaries and doing more than what is expected is what people at Airblack are known for. Join our team of highly motivated individuals, as we build a club just as unique as you!